Adult Learners Award: Guidelines and Nominations
Each Metroversity college or university may nominate multiple candidates for:
- Outstanding undergraduate adult learner
- Outstanding graduate adult learner
- Outstanding staff member who supports adult learning
- Outstanding faculty who supports adult learning.
Student nominees must be enrolled or graduated from a Kentucky Metroversity institution in the last 12 months, have completed at least 15 undergradute or 9 graduate hours with a 3.0 GPA and be at least 23 years of age.
Faculty and staff nominees must be employed by one of the Metroversity institutions full or part time.
Selection criteria for these awards include:
For outstanding adult learner:
- Oriented toward improving their life situation through higher education
- Involved in campus and community activities
- Earned honors for academic achievement
- Maintained family, civic or employment responsibilities
- Overcome difficult of unusual circumstances to pursue their education
- Demonstrated creativity and integrity in pursuing their degree.
For outstanding staff and faculty who support adult learners:
- Receptive to the issues and concerns of adult students
- Effective in making teaching applicable to real life
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with adult learners
- Recognize the value of the adult learner’s life experiences
- Support the adult learner both in and out of the academic setting.
All nominations will go to the Kentuckiana Metroversity Adult Learners Committee who will choose a winner in each category. Winners and all nominees will be honored at the Metroversity Awards Ceremony in April of 2012.
Nomination forms will be posted on this website in November.
Please direct any questions to Kathleen Mandlehr.
Please contact the representative from your institution to nominate a student, staff or faculty member for this award.
- Bellarmine – Hannah Clayborne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indiana Southeast – Kim Pelle email@example.com
- Jefferson Community and technical – Chanda Rodski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisville Presbyterian – Kathryn Mapes email@example.com
- Southern Baptist – Haywood Armstrong firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spalding – Katherine Walker email@example.com
- UofL – Julia Onnembo firstname.lastname@example.org