Kentuckiana Metroversity: The Power of Seven
Kentuckiana Metroversity brings the power and energy of seven nationally recognized and regionally accredited colleges and universities together to serve students, faculty, staff and the metropolitan Louisville community. Bellarmine University, Indiana University Southeast, Jefferson Community and Technical College, Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Spalding University, and the University of Louisville together serve over 35,000 students, provide access to over 5 million books and journals and offer hundreds of classes from Arabic to Zoology – and all this is available to every student enrolled at any of the member colleges.
Kentuckian Metroversity offers:
- Crossregistration for students at institutions within the consortium.
- Access for students, faculty and staff to all of the member libraries.
- Professional development and collegial activities.
- Support for the Liberal Arts and degree attainment in the community.
Kentuckiana Metroversity by the numbers:
- 35,000 students in Metroversity colleges and universities
- 8,300 volumes traveled between member libraries (2010-11)
- 500+ students took classes at other Metroversity colleges (2010-11)
- 7 regionally accredited, nationally recognized colleges and universities sharing resources
- 1 powerful voice for higher education in the Metro Louisville area